APR Ignition Coils are designed to be a direct plug-and-play upgrade to factory coils, and provide greater energy output, ensuring a stronger and more consistent spark. The commonplace replacement of factory ignition coils with those taken from higher output Audi RS models, such as the 2.5T, is popularly believed to provide greater energy output. However, testing proves that they are no more powerful than the factory coils that are found on 1.8T and 2.0T engines. APR Ignition Coils increase energy output by 14%. They are a direct upgrade or replacement, and come with the coveted red housing made popular by the Audi R8!
- 14% more energy output than stock
- Red housing with APR Logo
- True upgrade, not just aesthetic
- Direct plug-and-play
APR Iridium Pro Spark Plugs are an excellent upgrade for tuned engines. APR’s spark plugs are made from Iridium, which is one of the strongest materials you can use in this type of application. They run cooler, resist preignition, last longer than other materials with higher melting points, and even require less voltage to produce a strong spark. The electrode is harder and stronger than other materials, can dissipate heat more easily, is better protected from melting, cracking, and other limitations found with standard plugs. These plugs were designed for use on tuned and higher output vehicles that benefit from a plug cooler than the factory heat range. They are great for high boost, high cylinder pressure, high cylinder temperatures, and high power situations, and they pair nicely with a set of APR ignition coils, where applicable.
- Heat range 9 spark plug (Similar: Bosch 3, Brisk 10, Denso 27, and NGK 9)
- 152% higher melting point than silver, 125% higher than copper, and 38% higher than platinum.
- Stronger than copper and platinum
- Designed for high performance / tuned vehicle applications
- Non-projected insulator design
- Lower required supplied voltage
- Cooler operating temperature than stock plugs
- Optimized electrode design for hard to ignite fuels, such as ethanol
- Resists preignition better than stock plugs
- Perfect for upgraded APR vehicles
- An excellent match for APR ignition coils
- Thread reach: 26.5mm
- Thread diameter: 14mm
- Hexagon: 16mm
- Seat Type: Gasket
- Install Torque: 25 Nm
- Made in the EU
There are no reviews yet.