The APR Open Carbon Fiber Intake System is the ultimate intake system for the 1.8T/2.0T Engine! APR maximized performance and sound dramatically by reducing pressure drop and increasing airflow. This translates to more horsepower and torque, and less physical strain on the turbocharger. The system looks great, sounds amazing, and produces more horsepower and torque you can feel. APR’s beautiful carbon fiber intake system does away with the closed airbox design and uses a massive 7″ washable and reusable cotton filter with a frontal inlet and 4″ rear outlet. This was necessary to limit pressure drop across the factory system and maximize airflow, while allowing you to fully hear the engine breathe! The massive filter provides excellent filtration. By oversizing the filter, APR was able to limit pressure drop without sacrificing filtration. This is made possible through the use of greatly increased filter surface area. Carbon fiber not only looks great, but it allows us to make a complex and organic heat shield shape that keeps hot air pushed through the frontal radiator away from the intake tract. Furthermore carbon fiber allowed APR to limit wall thickness on the intake pipe, maximizing the pipe’s internal diameter and thus airflow. Lastly, carbon fiber retains heat less than other materials, such as metal, making it ideal for performance.
- More horsepower with gains up to +12 AWHP over stock
- More torque with gains of up to +13 AWFT-LBS over stock
- Greatly outflows the full factory frontal airbox by 60% at 833 CFM vs 521 CFM
- Beautiful and functional carbon fiber heat shield
- Thin walled carbon fiber inlet pipes for maximum airflow through a larger internal ID
- Massive 7” washable and reusable cotton filter with a frontal inlet and 4” rear outlet
- Creates an intoxicating intake sound in the engine bay
- Improves throttle response
- Lessens pressure drop
- Lessens strain on the turbocharger
- Lessens heat retention compared to other materials, such as metal
- Compatible with APR and factory rear intake tubes and turbo inlet pipes
- Easily installs in minutes
Installation Instructions: https://documents.goapr.com/tl100130_apr_mqb_open_intake_web.pdf
Replacement Filter: https://hstuning.com/product/filter177-x-177-x-139/
- Models with Secondary Air Injection (SAI) require a breather filter (CI100020-A).
- This intake is not designed to fit EA888 Gen 3B engines that feature a MAF sensor on the intake tube.
- This system is not compatible with the MS100100 intake mounted Catch Can System.