- Dramatically lowers intake air temp (IAT)
- Increases horsepower while minimizing power-robbing heat soak!
- Effectiveness tested to over 500 HP!
- 21 horsepower gain over the factory system!
- Massive core size
- Use of the OEM-location allows for a massive intercooler core.
- 24.25″ x 16.25″ x 1.25″ – 492.5 in³ – OEM GTI
- 24.25″ x 16.25″ x 1.37″ – 529.8 in³ – OEM Golf R
- 24.00″ x 16.25″ x 2.25″ – 877.5 in³ – APR
- Intercooler installed in the best location for this platform
- Utilizes factory air dams for exceptional airflow across the core.
- 100% compatible with the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system.
- Highly effective core design
- Bar-and-plate core with staggered and louvered fins.
- Rigorous testing determined core style, fin density, and size.
- Low pressure drop + highly effective cooling = high performance!
- Smooth cast end tanks
- Engineered for low turbulence/restriction and maximum flow.
- Organically shaped to promote airflow across entire core.
- Pressure tested to prevent power robbing boost leaks.
- No hidden labor costs or permanent modifications
- No trimming, cutting, or other costly modification required.
- No modification to the Adaptive Cruise Control System required.
- Full directions and APR world-renowned customer support included.
- Designed by engineers with lasers
- With the best equipment and smartest engineers, it just works!
Installation instructions: https://documents.goapr.com/ic100019_20t_mqb.pdf
Click here to learn all about the specifics of APR’s intercooler design! https://www.goapr.com/products/engine_hardware/charge_air_coolers/air_to_air_coolers/apr_intercooler_system_-_mqb_18t_and_20t/