APR is pleased to present Boost Leak Testing Systems for various engine configurations.
Boost leaks are a common cause for running issues and power loss on turbocharged vehicles. Leaks can come from scenarios as simple as a tiny hole in an intercooler or charge piping, a leaky connection, damaged DV or PCV and/or any number of other locations making troubleshooting very difficult. Furthermore, locating a leak is made more difficult due to the necessity to pressurizing the system, which typically only occurs while physically operating the vehicle.
The APR Boost Leak Testing Systems allows for both visual and auditory inspection on a stationary vehicle. The kit allows for supplying and regulating a continuous supply of compressed air, typically via an air compressor, through the system.
The process is simple:
– Connect the adapter to the application specific connection location (usually at the turbocharger).
– Connect the pressure regulator hose to the adapter’s bung.
– Ensure the pressure regulator is turned all the way down and then connect a continuous air supply to the regulator.
– Pressurize the system to normal operating pressure.
– Listen for leaks and spray soapy water on connections and look for bubbles to indicate a leak. Once the leak is found, simply take the necessary steps to stop the leak and go on enjoying more power and a better driving experience!
- Easily used to detect boost leaks
- Fits OEM IHI turbos on the MQB platform